After all of the requests to dump my brain into a book I finally listened producing MobileForensics Investigation: A Guide to Evidence Collection, Analysis, and Presentation. It is currently in most book outlets and also McGraw-Hill Education for pre-order since it will not be on the rack until after the summer. It is my hope this book makes it into every university forensic program and onto every examiners desk. No need to rely on a vendor to support your mobile forensic curriculum, this book covers it all – from beginning to end – to turn an investigator into an examiner.
Mobile Forensics Investigation: A Guide to Evidence Collection, Analysis, and Presentation leads examiners through the mobile forensics investigation process, from isolation and seizure of devices, to evidence extraction and analysis, and finally through the process of documenting and presenting findings. This book is not just for those starting out in mobile forensics, but contains information for the seasoned examiner. This book not only gives you knowledge of available mobile forensics tools, but describes and documents how these tools work to collect and analyze mobile device data. The valuable information will allow you to better collect analyze and present your findings and processes in a court of law or discovery forum. This holistic approach to mobile forensics, featuring the technical alongside the legal aspects of the investigation process, sets this book apart from the competition. This timely guide is a much-needed resource in today’s mobile computing landscape.
- Provides you with a holistic understanding of mobile forensics from the basics to advanced analysis
- Notes offer personal insights from the author’s years in law enforcement
- Tips highlight useful mobile forensics software applications, including open source applications that anyone can use free of charge
- Case studies document actual mobile forensic cases
- Photographs demonstrate proper legal protocols, including seizure and storage of devices, and screenshots showcase mobile forensics software at work
- Advanced techniques feature SQLite parsers and Python scripts
I hope the community enjoys the book as much as I did writing it. Feel free to use the Amazon link below to pre-order your copy!